Tuesday 13 April 2010

Plans, Plans, Plans!

I have decided to do around 2 updates a week, whether they're at the start or the end of the week i will try to do 2 new blog posts per week and I'm going to try and make my posts personal as well as food related.

Now I'm the kind of person that quite likes to write, no matter what it is, as long as I have an idea that I can go with. Those of you that know me will also know of my insane obsession with Lady GaGa (those of you that don't, well now you know) and as of an hour or so ago I've managed to fuse the two together with satisfying success!
'The Haus That Monsters Built' is a worldwide fanbase of Lady GaGa fans that are working to create a huge, evolving, creative movement through their fanwork (be it artistic, photographic, written, videod, sung etc.) that will not only unite Little Monsters everywhere but will, in theory at its pinnacle, attract the attention of the media and/or GaGa herself. There are many other goals of the group, such as working with charities to give back to society, but setting it up is the hardest part.
So I applied to be a writer and the creator asked for a sample of my work. The only sample I had on my hard drive was a rant I did for English that was about Lady GaGa (as a challenge to myself I chose to rant about someone I loved/admired) and I took a risk and decided to send that as my English teacher gave me some compliments on it when I first showed it to her. I also attached a new, original piece inspired by Lady GaGa that talked about Fame Obsession. I thought it was slightly risky, sending a RANT about Lady GaGa to a Lady GaGa fan (though I did attach an explanation) but nevertheless, I waited eagerly for a reply.
My risk paid off it seems! Apparantly I raised 'some interesting points', made the woman chuckle and my article shows that I wasn't a crazed GaGa fan that saw her as perfection, but someone who could see her flaws, analyse them and accept them. My Fame Obsession piece was 'especially' loved apparantly, which made me very happy (though it can be improved, which was a thought that had also occured to me). The best part of the email, to me, though was when she said that she wanted me to keep writing and that she would post my work on her site!
Did I say yes? Of course I did! So now I'll be working on GaGa inspired works, non-GaGa inspired works and improving previous work so that I can contribute to the fanbase. Should be fun guys!

On a food note now though, I've already planned that my next post will look at something simple, easy and delicious: Pancakes! (Both American style and English!)
That means you're getting your frying pans at the ready and stocking up on jam (well, I will be at least).
I also had an idea to try my hand at some more intricate cookie decorating thanks to a baker that my friend Rachel linked me to. I don't know her name, only her blog, but the things she makes are just wonderful. Here's the recipe I'll be attempting hopefully in the near future:
Sugar Cookies!
I accept no credit, ownership or copyright over that link or the content within the link =P

That's all I've got to say for now, so I'll end this long post here and I hope to see more readers on here soon! For those of you reading this thank you so much for taking time out of your days to read this, you're my inspiration for this whole blog ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment