Thursday 13 May 2010

Icing Syringe - tried and tested!

Okay, so I got the chance to use my new toy on some cream cakes last week (see previous recipe) and my charity buns (post to come) and I can say that I rather like it!
It's not without its flaws, like putting the mixture *into* it (air bubbles can be easily made and it's generally messy) but because of its shape and how you need to press it your hand doesn't cramp like with an ordinary piping bag and you can get some rather good designs done with it.
The test of strength with my first piping bag was whipped cream. It failed, I should say, by bursting at the seams and is the reason why I judge whipped cream as a piping strength test. The syringe passed with flying colours (and no flying cream) and I think it was a very good buy for the cheap price it was. If you ever get the chance to get one, you should :P

In other blog-news I should be blogging about butterfly buns soon with more bun decoration to come *next* week as a gift for my teachers on my leaving day. It's gonna be a weird day, leaving, but it's something everyone goes through I guess. Hope you all read my next recipe, the buns look gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment