Tuesday 4 May 2010

New Toys!

As weird as I'm going to sound, kitchen equipment is something that I can't get enough of. Ceramic baking beads, silicone bakeware, egg separators and handwhisks, they just fascinate me! Two things that I find myself constantly lacking, though, are cookie cutters and piping equipment. I have a small collection that I've amassed over a year or so, thanks mainly to my Mum's keen eye more than anything, but this Bank Holiday Monday I went absolutely crazy in Wilkinson's.
To my utter amazement they had cookie cutters, piping bags and even a piping syringe (that I was completely entranced by) for very, very reasonable prices. Whether this price means they'll break on the first use or not, I simply couldn't resist the chance to expand my cookware inventory. Just how much my inventory had expanded by I didn't know until I took this picture.
Needless to say, this has put me in a very good mood towards baking and I'm very eager to make cookies and cakes that I can decorate to my heart's content. It's quite fortunate that my next few projects will require the use of these new implements then, though not so good that I've coincidentally banned myself from eating biscuits (far too addictive for me) and I plan to make Sugar Cookies. I'll let you know how I get on with this equipment in later posts, but for now I shall leave you to awe at my new toys just as I did.

Also: This week I'll be making Strawberry Cream Buns for someone's birthday. Using a recipe from a 'cupcake' book I have, I'll be tailoring it so that my dear readers can make the same thing with ease and a great result. Ta-ta for now!

3 comments:

  1. It's not weird. I like foreign stamps and phrase books, I like to refer to it was being 'quirky'. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: the verification word for that last comment was 'crudles', which just SO cheered me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love the captcha words, they're so unusual and weird.
    Also, your phrase books and foreign stamps thing is interesting lol. You can show off all your phrases and stamps, I can hardly bring a whisk to school and say 'Guys, look at this, isn't it amazing!' :P

    ReplyDelete